Marine Science & Ecology is a specialist consultancy undertaking ecological assessments of the marine environment in relation to disturbances such as waste discharges and development projects. I joined MSE in 1977 for four weeks casual work as a technical assistant. And stayed for nearly two decades! These years at MSE introduced me to the resilience of the marine environment and the difficulties of detecting and managing environmental impacts. I also got to dive in some rather unusual places!
During my time at MSE, we undertook projects of the following types:
- ecological studies for port and industrial developments
- ecological studies in marinas and small boat facilities
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- monitoring programs for wastewater discharges
- ecotoxicological and bioaccumulation studies
- general ecological assessments